CAPTRUST has announced the hiring of Kevin D. Barry as chief investment officer. Barry will lead the firm’s Consulting Research Group, the 11-person team responsible for investment manager due diligence, asset allocation, and discretionary investment management for the firm’s advisory businesses.
Defined Benefit Plans
Defined benefit pension plan sponsors face a number of challenges, from today's volatile financial markets and low interest rate environment to increasingly stringent regulatory requirements and changing demographic trends. These factors that combine to make it more complex and expensive to maintain a pension plan are prompting important questions for plan sponsors about how to move forward:
- What risks are my plan exposed to and is now the time to remove risk from our plan?
- Is there a way to reduce future pension obligations and funding requirements?
- Are there plan designs that allow participants to share the investment risk?
- Should we consider transferring risk to a third party?
- If termination is a goal, when should we begin planning for it?
Over the past 25 years, we have developed a range of services to address the many risks defined benefit pension plan sponsors are exposed to, including:
- Investment advisory services
- Liability-driven investing
- Pension risk transfer consulting
We leverage decades of experience serving as a trusted partner to remove complexity for pension plan sponsors by providing comprehensive, customized solutions that address the risks inherent in liability measurement and the capital markets.