On July 30, Business North Carolina announced its third annual ranking of companies that oversee at least $1 billion in assets. CAPTRUST came in at the top of the list with more than $270 billion in assets.
Endowments and Foundations
Expectations for asset returns are lower, even while spending needs continue to rise. The need for philanthropic resources is highest during periods of market stress—when the ability to provide resources is at its lowest. Meanwhile, investment complexity continues to grow, making it difficult to separate important information from noise. These factors have conspired to create a unique challenge for endowments and foundations.
This leads to a number of important questions:
- How can we maintain or increase our philanthropic impact given current market expectations?
- How should we split asset management fees between active and passive management?
- What portfolio changes do we need to make to accomplish our goals? What are the tradeoffs?
- What role do alternative investments play in our portfolio?
Over the past 25 years, we have been assisting non-profits and guiding them through a wide range of investment environments. Our disciplined investment process starts with working with you to develop appropriate and realistic goals and expectations. We strive to eliminate market complexity and simplify the decision-making process.
We have developed services to address the demands placed on non-profits including:
- Investment advisory services, such as investment and spending policy development, asset allocation, and manager search and selection
- Discretionary consulting services
- Fiduciary and risk management consulting services
We are committed to objectivity and transparency, and singularly focused on understanding your unique goals and objectives. Our significant client base and understanding of trustee-directed asset pools, local client service, and centralized resources mean that CAPTRUST is uniquely positioned to help you accomplish your goals.